Sunday 30 September 2012

Devilled Egg Anyone...?


Perhaps a Halloween Mr Potato Head? Hubby reckons I need to send this one to a psychologist for evaluation. How rude is he?!

I decided I'd play along with this week's Just Add Ink sketch challenge #137:


...and this is my card (I've turned the sketch on its side):
Given Thumper has been doing double-time, dragging a Mr Potato head around the house this week (and I've been finding its body parts everywhere...including the shower stall), along with the fact that Halloween is soon and the kids plan on going trick or treating for the first time ever...well, it's no surprise to me that this is the card I ended up with today. I think I can save myself the $$...no psych needed. It is a weird card, no question about it, but weird people make weird cards. I don't need a psych degree for that diagnosis either.

Project Recipe:

Cardstock: Basic Black, Whisper White and Riding Hood Red (SU);
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black (Tsukineko);
Stamps: Occasional Greetings (SU);
Punches: Small Oval for pupils, eyebrows and nose (SU) and Small Egg for hair (EK Success);
Accessories: Neutrals Patterns Stack DSP (SU), White Gel Pen (misc), Paper Piercer (misc), Nestabilities Oval Dies for eyes (Spellbinders), Nestabilities Egg Dies for body and tongue (Spellbinders), Umbrella Die for horns and tail (My Favourite Things), MyStik (Scrapbook Adhesives) and Dimensionals (SU).

Thanks for visiting!


Blogged to: Bad Moon Rising - Creedence Clearwater Revival, Thriller - Michael Jackson, Psycho Killer - Talking Heads, Monster Mash - Bobby "Boris" Pickett and Time Warp - Little Nell, Patricia Quinn & Richard O'Brien.

13 comments:

Karen said...

Lol Samn you crack me up! Your card is very cool I think! LOVE that beautiful blue sky in the background too!

Karen

Deb McCleary said...

Awesome card Sam! Very funky indeed. Love that sketch too!
Cheers!
Deb.

Andrea L - EnchantINK said...

Your hubby sounds like lotsa fun! :) I bet he gives you lots of encouragement too???!! This sure is a scary card! I wonder who you will be giving this to? Hugs xxx

Sandy said...

Lol at hubby and I think the Mr potato head inspired spooky card is brilliant. Sandy :)

Christine Blain said...

Yes, this is, er, "unusual", but it's such a fun card! I always love the way your creative mind works, Sam! Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink this week :)

KimB said...

He is without a doubt suitably scary Sam!! Looks like Mr Potato head has a dark side and you found it ;) Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink. x

Unknown said...

Sam another terrific work of art from you, I love your punch art creations, so very creative and this one is so much fun!

Nikki Spencer said...

Love it Sam...Different, yes! but it makes me smile and the whole quirkiness just appeals, well done! Thanks for playing at JAI.

Diane Barnes said...

I hope you're not having nightmares after this scary dude Sam. Very clever & creative punching. Hugs. D

Trish *Spring Blossom* said...

OHH a very creepy yet funny card! Love the tongue poking out :)

Trish
JAI Design Team
ps really loving the rich colours in the background of your pic - looks stunning!

Mae's Cachet said...

Crazy craft people make crazy cards...that's ok! I have a psych nurse for a husband so I can be crazy too Sam! Love your card. Thanks for joining in with this week's sketch challenge at Just Add Ink, come and join us again sometime.

Peanut said...

How did I miss this??? I love devilled egg. And this guy looks good enough to eat!

Weird? Not at all...it's just sooooo ... Halloween, you a little devil.! Nothing weird about that! LOL

Jodene said...

This is such a cool idea Sam, I love it! Thanks for joining us at JAI, I always love seeing what you create :)