In my last post I alluded to a big adventure that my family and I will be embarking on in the very near future. Use of the term 'embarking' is a big clue ;-).
I have been sitting on this info for a long time…more than a year in fact. I have kept my life compartmentalised for numerous reasons, but mostly because…well, because this blog is about cardmaking and scrapbooking! However, this blog is also about things that make me smile - my tiddlywinks, my garden, my lampwork jewellery…and this little secret that I have been sitting on also makes me smile!
Today, Di Barnes awarded me a Stylish Blogger award (thanks so much Di) and I decided that I could use the 'eight things about me' requirement to let the cat out of the bag (and hopefully also help keep a tight rein on my tendency to natter on about not much of anything). Soooooooooo, here goes…
- My husband and I bought a 1992 Lagoon 42 TPI catamaran the Christmas before last and we have been working on sprucing her up ever since…she is called Lucey Blue.
- My family and I are about to move out of our house, and on to this catamaran…for an 8 month adventure up the coast of Australia, hopefully as far as Cairns and back. We anticipate leaving Sydney in about 55 days time.
- I am currently studying for my Marine Radio Operators Certificate of Proficiency (MROCP) …everything you ever wanted to know (and some you didn't) about operating a VHF and an MF/HF radio.
- I get seasick (JOY!), and won't be able to take my usual preventative drugs due to the fact that I'll be breastfeeding Thumper (double JOY!!)
- We have another blog which documents our preparations for this voyage, and to which we will post about our adventures along the way. If you are interested, you can check it out here...but be warned, lots of the recent posts are focused on boaty fix-it type things, including installation of a vacuum-flush toilet...scintillating stuff I assure you ;-).
- I am not sure how much cardmaking I will be able to achieve while we are away, hopefully a little…but I am also going to teach myself to crochet! One day I want to make awesome, rainbow-coloured bundles of happiness like Lucy from Attic 24.
- We have a whole heap of things still to do before we leave, not least of which is packing up the house and finalising enrolment of Miss almost 7 in Distance Education for terms 2 - 4 this year.
- I am very, very excited about this adventure...seasickness and all.
If you made it this far thanks for reading about our plans!
I actually also have a card to show you...but with the dreary, rainy day we had today I didn't get a chance to photograph it for you. I'll have to get back to you later