Tuesday 4 March 2008

Brilliant Blue Buckle


This card was inspired by some beautiful buckle cards that Diane Barnes has recently been creating. You can check them out on her blog HERE and HERE. Instructions for making your own Buckle card can be found on Splitcoaststampers.

I have made mine using Brilliant Blue, Real Red and Whisper White Stampin' Up! Cardstock. The inks that I have used are: Brilliant Blue, Real Red and Yoyo Yellow Classic Ink and Whisper White Craft Ink. The stamp sets are: Bud Basics and Small Sayings, both of which are from the Summer Mini Catalogue (which ceases circulation on 31st March 2008).

I have also used the small corner rounder punch...to round the corners ;-), and the paper piercing tool and template (from the Crafter's Tool Kit), along with a White Gel Pen, to create the faux stitching effect. I used the Stamp-A-Ma-Jig to place the Happy Joyous Birthday sentiment on the buckle, and SNAIL adhesive to stick the whole thing together.

I was very pleased with the finished product...although I still think it needs something on the white panel (on the right-hand side), but I can't think what! I could use the Spring Bouquet punch and punch some flowers out of the Whisper White layer so you can see Real Red through it. Hmmmmmmm. Any ideas other ideas would be much appreciated.

Thanks for the inspiration Diane!
Sam.

4 comments:

Diane Barnes said...

Nicely done Sam. Love those buckle cards! I really like the stitching around the edges & the bright colours work well too. Best wishes - Di

Anonymous said...

Sam - this is just stunning .. love the colours.

Corie said...

Oh WOW -- I just love these colors -- so FANTASTIC

Diane Barnes said...

Hi Sam
You've been tagged...probably again!...sorry!
This is my first tagging & so I had to tag you, as you're such a cool & talented girl! Best wishes - Di

The rules of the game:
• Link to the person that tagged you and post the rules on your blog.
• Share 7 random and/or weird facts about yourself on your blog, we all want to know them.
• Tag 7 people at the end of your post and include links to their blogs.
• Let each person know that they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.